Tuesday, September 9, 2008

horse meat and fish eye!

SO! today the Japanese teacher of English (Tsuda-san), along with a few other teachers (about 6 in total) took me and another girl out for our birthdays (hers was sept 1st and mine was sept 7th) to Tsuda-san's favourite restaurant. It was a tonne of fun, and I am SO full...I am also a little tipsy, so excuse any errors :P
Well. I had an experience of a lifetime. I had the privalage of eating raw squid in fish guts and raw horse meat! Yes, Raw horse meat!! It was actually really good, if not a bit fatty. Tsuda-san told the master (the chef) that it was my first time there and both mine and another teacher's birthday, so he gave us I guess a Japanese delicacy. Simmered fish. ie. Simmered fish head. Since it was our birthday, we had the privalege of each having an eye to eat!! actually, it tasted pretty good!! But it was very strange to eat a fish eye. I think it tasted like the rest of the fish, if not a bit slimier. I dont think I chewed it. I dont think Id be ready for that kind of...experience. Im still kinda like "I cant believe I just ate the eye of a fish".
On the way back we took the scenic (and dark, because it was night) route back to the apartment. The ocean sounds so awesome at night, and the smell is just indescribable.

Anyway, that was my birthday dinner!!

No comments: